Sunday, March 19, 2006

MOM!

MOM! I bought you a birrrrrrthday present today!!! I finally found the artesan market i was looking for and i had some time today to shop there. Today is my first FREE day here in San Jose. We had a special VAC dinner last night to welcome my calss and say goodbye to the leaving group of volunteers. I has been really important for me to mingle with current and almost finishing up volunteer. Sometimes i think Peace Corps really does know what they´re doing...or they just end up doing it by accident or because of so many years experience. I was gonna buy dad´s fathers day present and mail that as well...but i´ll leave that until closer on into the summer.
I love you all, and i´ll try to send presents home as often as i can. I love the idea of sending a little Costa Rica, and a little me, back home.

ok PC updates. 2 weeks of training are gone with the wind...and i´m starting to feel the drain of training almost every day. But there are some genuinely fun days scattered in and throughout there. The gira is a feildtrip we will go on to visit the sites of volunteers working. We will stop at more than three cities in three days, and there might even be a chance to swim in a lake that MAY have a waterfall. Thats one of the HIGH points i definitely fantasized about while i was in the states.
While i was in the states i asked myself over and over again if i would be able to commit two years of life to service...but life is service, and I honestly believe a good life must include good work. And the good work is coming, the good work i have to do is here, already here. The gentle hand of Jah´s guidance is a solace and a light and an energy and a love and a passion and a hope and a will and a love to live and life to love - not just selfishly those who i want to love, but generously to those i don´t want to love. and my love must know, Will know, that that is a greater good, a greater purpose with a Greater reward, a Greater reward.

D L Love-with a greater reward..... ? :*** oooh, God and love, i have many more than three guilded tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home