Thursday, February 9, 2006

My shopping / packing list

I'll keep editing this post as the details change -

Right now these are things that I need and don't have to pack:
1. Vitamin C
2. Deodarant, Toothbrushes, Feminine Products, etc. (see me for the preferred brands of toiletries) - they say we can get most of these things in country, but my worry is that the American Brands i normally use will be unavailable or too expensive. But i think the health folks give us some stuff...
UPDATE: My cousin 'Him' bought me a bag of little travel size toiletires at my Bon Voyage party!!
3. Skirts - particularly floor length long skirts in linen, denim, and/or khaki
UPDATE: i got a denim skirt and a brown skirt in some undetermined synthetic, that should dry pretty fast
4. Sandals - long lasting, durable, good for walking - looking into Teva's but...they're so ugly...
5. Hikers Backpack - or some suitcase/bag that'll make rough travel easy-er
UPDATE: my sister found a backpack on REI website for 50% off 50% off!!!! can you freaking belive the winter web clearance. I even was able to rush the shipping and ended up paying total $51 dollars to rush deliver a $99 dollar internal frame weekend back pack.
AND my parents bought me a five peice luggage set!!! its my first set of luggage that is all mine!
6. Sleeping Bag - i had one and i can't find it...? i'm hoping to just buy one from an exiting volunteer when i get in coutry
7. I got batteries

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home