Friday, January 20, 2006

Eggs+Saute'd Yellow Squash = Sunrise Meal or Lip-locked

So, I have officially broken up the anxious romance that i spoke about before. Its like official: inside and out, my heart, my mind, and my soul are settled into the decision. My dreams about what romance should be seem to be built on (and def wrapped up in) a foundation of fairy tales, movies, and TV dramas. (which should undoubtably lead one astray, no?) but strangley Video dramas are helping me see the way my love really is and how i have made the right decision. I have fully decided to live for me (as a whole, i am one whole person) and to stop living to be someones mate. I have fully decided that it is a more beautiful thing for me to let him be him and me be me. I'm moving i'm walking i'm growing changing going and i'm attracted to the same quality in him. and well, we found, if i may venture to speak for the both of us, that it is a little hard to walk down the road of life when you're locked in a tight embrace. I want to walk down my life like any good souljourner; carrying only a comfortable pack of possesions and necesities, good shoes(or no shoes), feet free to roam, looking straight ahead or all around, whichever way will allow my Spirit to soar. and, well, neither of us can do that if we are standing cheek to cheek, breast to breast, loin to loin.
He is a lion and I am a bird. A bird can never make a lion more of a lion and neither can lion transform bird into more birdliness. That is only up to according to our creation- creator
I want to walk down life's road with room beside me-around me-behind me-in front of me and sometines not. and sometimes accompanied and sometimes not. God is good and clear in all things, we just have to believe Him for sight.
-seen-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On greener grass...

Your perspective of the seeming difficulties of walking 'down the the road of life when you're locked in a tight embrace' is one I hadn't considered.

I'm of the opinion it would be a great thing to have a companion, company, and a 'fellow sojourner' down this path of life. If nothing else, it would potentially make the journey more memorable, exciting, and fulfilling. At least it seems that way to me.

My perspective is undoubtedly coloured by my (lack of)experience in romantic relationships. From where I'm sitting, it seems that to be with someone locked in a tight embrace while traveling on the road of life seems preferable to going it alone. Sure there's more freedom, room to swing your arms, walk a little faster, walk a little slower, without being encumbered with the weight of another, but at the end of the day, companionship seems preferable. Again, just my opinion.

Your situation is one that I wouldn't mind having.

Anyhow, good luck on the Peace Corps thing. Yeah, staying in touch is difficult, but I imagine your determination will increase once you're across seas and time zones. Because mine increased dramatically when I lived abroad. I was calling and writing people all the time.

Unsolicited advice...don't take it personal if people don't show the same enthusiasm and effort of staying in touch that you probably will show. It's not that they don't care, but they are still living their same lives and it's easy to get caught up and not keep in touch. whereas you will have a totally different life, but yet trying to remain connected to your old one. people care but many probably won't write or call much, but they still love you.

I've moved around a lot and this is something i wish i would have learned earlier in life, especially before I lived overseas.

anyhow, maybe this won't even be an issue, but if it is, i hope this was helpful.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes...the foliage is always greener on the other side...
but then again...when you've been cultivating the same plants (or trees...for example strawberry haze), and want to experience more of what mother nature has to offer...why not step to the other side and check out what it's like. Shit, not only hit the other side of the pasture, forest, wetlands, but climb over the hills, bask on the river shore, wade in the ocean, fly in the sky (if only in your dreams), and experience mother nature for what she is worth. ....who knows...you may opt for that sour deisel, or that purple haze, or that just plain ithaca outdoor bud.....but, then again, you may have experienced mother nature's wonders of experience to only appreciate more that strawberry haze because you know what's on the other side of the plantation

anyways...I'm excited for you...and I hope you write in your journal more than you write in your blog

ate logo
-dj

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home