Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bon Voyage Party




My Bon Voyage celebration was amazing; filled with amazing gifts, amazing food, amazing love! It was such an exciting milestone event, and afterwards i knew in my heart that it was just what i needed emotionally and spiritually to propell me into this last week of preparations before I go. Every day this week i've been shocked when it dawns on me that...this time next week i won't be here, i wont see this, smell this, eat this, kiss this, hug this, feel this. BOY. its like no other transition in life.
SO, here's what's coming: i leave for Washington, DC on Sunday, Feb 26 at 7am. I will start with brunch with Genger when I arrive, then participate in 2 days of pre-service orientation and meet my fellow volunteers. We will all travel together to Costa Rica on Teusday morning Feb 28 at the crack of dawn. I will get to Costa Rica and continue in-country orientation for a few more days and then report to my training host family....for which i still don't have gifts!!! eeek, i have to find some place that sells tourist items and quick.

I also dont think i'll have a chance to go by HOA to visit and say goodbye even tho i promised i would. I'll fix it by sending the whole organization an email (with pictures!) once i arrive. I think they'll like that!

I moved out of my house yesterday with the GRACIOUS, superman help of my king. He lifted almost every peice of my furniture by himself. I cleaned up the kitchen yesterday but i still have to go back and clean the rest of the house, pack the kitchen, the junk room and the attic. I have so so much to do, and i have to work today!? c'mon mom! (mom's my boss at New Life Christan Learning Center...) So let me get off this internet. and take heart, pitures are coming soon! ~joya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home