Wednesday, March 1, 2006

I am HERE!

Today was my first full day in Costa Rica Riquisima! God lives here in the mountains abouve San Jose. Were chilling in this mountain retreat near Tres Rios. On Saturday we actually move in with our serperate host families in villages around San Jose. I love my training group. There is so much love between us and we are really all going thru variations of the same crazy things. But just as soon as we start to lean on each other, it feels like we sill be seperating for our seperate homestays. i know some of us will be in the same towns for training, there are only three towns for the 17 of us, but still we will be seperated slightly. Everybody is already likeable and they are trying real good to get to know the others. It feels nice.
Our instructors and support staff all seem really enjoyable and passionate about what they do for Peace Corps, and what they do for us. They will be working really hard to place us in our homestays and it reminds me very much of those dedicated AmeriCorps days when we worked beyond and before decent hours just to get the job done. Theyre defnitly "getting her done".

I know i will have loads to say when i get to my town and my host family so whatch out!
Bye Love Joya! now known as (HOY-a)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is something magical about being surrounded the beauty of nature - certainly one feels closer to God. I'd love to see pics as soon as you can upload them!

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yayyyy! I am glad you're there! I am excited to make your blog my newest and greatest method of procrastination.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoya,Hoya,
I miss you a lot already. It is my prayer that God will use you in an awesome way in Costa Rica. May His love enfold you, his power protect you, and His Spirit guide you to continually walk in His steps. Remember you are never alone.
Love,P.P.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home