Saturday, March 11, 2006

Yeah Man

Well its been one week exactly that ive been living en la casa de Dona Cecilia. She is a patient lady and a great cook. She maintains her household with ease and skill. Any any time i come around i can get a plate of food or a cafecito. I feel a lot less pressure to ´work´on my relationship with my new family now that Peace Corps training program has shifted away from ´family integration´ La familia was the focus of this first week of time with our new Costa Rican families. We had focus points and tareas (homeworks) whose purpose was to get us IN more. But i think now that that stuff is over our familia interactions can develop a lot more naturally, and i definatley feel a lot less pressure regarding how i should behave and speak. and especially my non verbal communication will be a lot more honest now that i´m not being so careful abot it.

I love Costa Rica and start praying for me now that i get posted to Limon (Carribean Coast) for my two years of service.

My pone number is country code 506 and num:418-8043

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joya
Is your phone number 506 or 596???
Please advise asap and correct on your blog.
mimi

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ma, this is my first blog. love you. i will say more when i get use to this blogging. email your college buddies. stay in contact, because friends can help you. no one can be their best without help along the way.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home