Monday, May 8, 2006

T-minus 2 weeks until i am an official volunteer of Cuerpo de Paz

My swearing in ceremony is scheduled for May 19...and that is when i will officially be a volunteer....if i take the oath. GOD! but ok i like my community a lot. I like the new host family i will be staying with, esp my new host sister who has a car and a masters degree and is the directora of a school!

I found SOY meat here!!!! Bataan is the town that is close enough for me to BIKE to! so i have NO worries about protein or a healthy vegetarian diet. i have about 20 fruits and veggies to choose from and soy and rice and beans everday... My host mom does the cooking...and so im worried sometimes about butter usage...but...i´ll figure it out.

I´m feeling a litle sick today, and because of that a little on the under positive side...but it feels like a regular cold...and i have had lack of sleep and was cold and wet for a half day this week. but i also was in Limon, exposed to malarial and dengue carrying mosquitos and malaria feels like a cold, you feel bad one day and great the next....so....tomorow i´ll know if i need to call the nurse......

My nina is coming to bring me some stuff and everything will be great.
Love Joya

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe Lawd, you went down there and caught something from the Amazon!!! LOL, girl, I am just being sarcastic. But on the real, maybe you need to eat some meat. That is real protein, which may give you your strength.

Things here in the Chi are cool. The Lord continues to bless me and my family with protection, grace, and mercy. I've discovered that I am in a transition mode, really trying to find myself and get back on track with what it is I am trying to contribute with life. I've joined organizations and will shortly take on leadership roles.

I talk about you all the time. Auntie Yvette and Mama wanted me to let you know that they are proud of you and all that you are looking to love in the world. Girl, I miss you dearly, but know that our spirits communicate on such a supernatural level that our rational minds can't even keep up. Keep doin' what cha doin' and know that the Lord is watching over you.

With all my love,

LYB

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home